local governments and other agencies to improve the physical, natural, workforce, and
business climate in Butler County.
Building and Zoning Division Objectives:
1. We will promote safe building practices and provide a structure to carry-out our
regulations in a courteous, customer-centered and cost-effective manner.
2. We will provide zoning and floodplain management regulations and procedures that
protect and enhance the natural and built environment in a timely and equitable manner.
Community Development Division Objectives:
1. We will participate in programs offered by state and federal agencies that seek to
promote community infrastructure, housing quality, affordability and eliminate blight.
2. We will partner with other agencies and governments to find innovative and cost
effective ways to deliver services to our residents.
Economic Development Division Objectives:
1. We will undertake activities which encourage attraction, expansion or retention of
businesses in Butler County.
2. We will encourage programs and policies that promote an educated and well-trained
workforce to compete for jobs in a global environment.
Planning Division Objectives:
1. We will promote sound practices that ensure well designed long-range land use patterns
that promote a balance of preserving the natural environment and providing for new or
redeveloped areas for residential, business and public uses.
2. We will assist citizens who serve on our boards and commissions by providing
outstanding staff support, training and guidance to ensure they have the tools necessary
to make sound decisions.
130 High Street
Hamilton, OH 45011